Grandma's Prize-Winning Meatloaf Recipe: A Simple Ground Beef Meatloaf Recipe With Braggin' Rights by Donna John
Prize winning. That's what my grandma wrote on her recipe card for this old-fashioned meatloaf recipe. What prize I'm not sure, but if my grandma said so, it must be true (the woman could cook!). Serve this ground beef meatloaf recipe with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 cup tomato juice (my grandma used V8 tomato juice)
- 3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 egg (she has this as optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients except for the ground beef. Mix well.
- Add the ground beef. Mix well.
- Lightly, but thoroughly, press into a 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 1 hour. Let it stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.