Grandma's Prize-Winning Meatloaf Recipe Has Braggin' Rights by Donna John
Prize winning. That's what my grandma wrote on her recipe card for this old-fashioned meatloaf recipe. What prize I'm not sure, but if my grandma said so, it must be true (the woman could cook!). This moist meatloaf was a staple at her house and much loved by the whole family.
The easy meatloaf recipe has simple ingredients: tomato juice, oatmeal, an egg, chopped onion, ground beef, salt and black pepper. The ingredients are combined, put into a loaf pan and baked for about one hour or until cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 egg (she has this as optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- My grandma used V8 tomato juice in this recipe.
- Be sure to let the meatloaf sit for about five minutes before slicing.
- If you like some kind of sauce on your meatloaf, top it with ketchup, barbecue sauce or your favorite during the last 10 minutes of baking time.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients except for the ground beef. Mix well.
- Add the ground beef. Mix well. Lightly, but thoroughly, press into a 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 1 hour. Let it stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.2g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
Total Sugars: 2.7g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.