Savory Gochujang Meatloaf Recipe: A Tasty Korean-Inspired Meatloaf Recipe by Donna John
Gochujang meatloaf is what happens when you have ground beef thawed for dinner but start craving Asian food. This easy Korean-inspired meatloaf recipe is sweet with just a hint of heat. We enjoyed every bite of this flavorful meatloaf.
The meatloaf is a flavorful mixture of onion, garlic, ground beef or ground pork, soft breadcrumbs, gochujang, fresh chives or green onions, salt and eggs. While the meatloaf bakes in the oven, make the sauce. The sauce is made with sweet apricot preserves, gochujang, rice wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic powder. The sauce is poured over the baked meatloaf during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Gochujang, or Korean red chili paste, is a sweet and spicy fermented condiment from Korea. I also use this chili paste in my three-ingredient gochujang and buttermilk marinated grilled chicken recipe, as well as many others.
This easy meatloaf recipe is definitely a keeper. You could add some Sriracha to the mix for added heat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds ground beef or ground pork (I used ground beef)
- 1 cup fresh, soft breadcrumbs or panko (I used soft, fresh breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion tops (I used fresh chives)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves or peach preserves (I used apricot preserves)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I used low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, gochujang, chives, salt, eggs and cooked onions in a bowl.
- Use your hands or a large spoon and mix well.
- Loosely shape the mixture into a loaf in a baking dish or loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and pour the sauce over to cover. Put it back into the oven and bake about 10 minutes more.
- Slice and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Meatloaf Pans $8 & Up
Gochujang $4 & Up
Apricot Preserves $2 & Up
Peach Preserves $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Sriracha $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.