2-Ingredient Farmer's Cheese Recipe: Make Cheese At Home in 30 Minutes (No Joke!) by 30Seconds Food
Farmer's cheese is a cross between ricotta cheese and cream cheese. It's soft and spreadable and delicious for breakfast, brunch or a healthy snack. With only two ingredients, farmer's cheese is easy to make at home. Really!
If you're a ricotta lover, leave the cheese chunkier after preparing it (it will still be spreadable). If creamy cream cheese is more your thing, blend it until smooth after it cools. You can even spice it up with flavorings like onion, roasted garlic or fresh herbs or sweeten it up with baking spices and fruit. Best of all? No preservatives!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to cool
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the milk into a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid a skim forming on the top.
- When tiny bubbles begin to rise and pop, gently stir in the vinegar. As you stir the mixture, the milk will begin to curdle.
- Remove the curdled milk from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Put a flour sack towel or cheesecloth into a colander and set it in the sink or over a bowl. Pour in the cooled mixture. Twist the towel to seal in the solids and squeeze out the liquid. Stop when it becomes white liquid coming out. Put the cheese curds into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.
- If you want the cheese smooth, put the cheese curds into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. (If you want to add any additional ingredients or flavorings, add them now.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour Sack Towels $5 & Up
Cheesecloth $5 & Up
Colanders $7 & Up
White Vinegar $2 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.