Grandma's Favorite Date Bread Loaf Recipe: This Old-fashioned Date Bread Recipe Is Super Moist by Donna John
My grandma could bake. She was best known for her pies and cakes, but could also make delicious breads and loaf cakes. This easy date bread loaf cake recipe is from her recipe box. It's definitely an old-fashioned recipe that has stood the test of time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) dates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Dissolve the baking soda in water and pour over the dates.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Whisk together the flour and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 325 to 350-degree F oven (that's what the recipe says!) about 1 hour or until done.
Notes: You can add raisins or candied fruit.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Dates $3 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.