This Easy Sweet & Sour Pork Recipe Is Chopstick Ready in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Instead of making sweet and sour chicken, why not try something new with this easy sweet and sour pork recipe? Crispy pork is quickly stir-fried with onion, sweet peppers, garlic, pineapple and a sweet (and sour!) sauce.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 red bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 red onion, rough chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (drain if using canned pineapple)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Put the pork into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cornstarch over and toss to coat.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the red bell pepper, pineapple, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the pork and cook until golden brown and almost cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put the vegetables back into the pan. Pour in the sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.