Potato Chip Omelette Recipe at Cathédrale NYC: Plus Chef Jason Hall's Pro Tips for Cooking the Perfect Omelette by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whole butter, cold
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, mixed with fresh-cut chives
- 1 cup plain potato chips (the restaurant makes their own, but recommends Cape Cod regular chips)
- 1 nice tablespoon fresh Kaluga caviar
- fresh watercress, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Chef Hall prefers a fork to a whisk for omelets because he doesn't want to work air into the eggs. Air bubbles are insulators and can slow down cooking if you're not careful. Bring the eggs up to room temperature before adding them to the pan. This will ensure that the omelet cooks faster, and the faster an omelet cooks, the more tender it's going to be.
- Heat a 4-inch nonstick pan for a few minutes before adding the butter. Even a nonstick surface is pocked with microscopic pores that eggs can fill and grab onto. Heat expands the metal, squeezing those openings shut. Make sure it’s a small nonstick pan and not too large.
- Add cold butter after adding the eggs. This will help to emulsify the butter into the eggs, resulting in a softer, creamier omelet. Do all of the above, then top the result with crispy chips, cheese, crème fraiche and caviar.
Photo: Cathédrale NYC
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kaluga Caviar varies
Cape Cod Potato Chips $3 & Up
Potato Chips $2 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $3 & Up
4-inch Nonstick Pans $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.