Stir-fried Chicken & Eggplant Recipe: A Lighter Chicken Stir-fry Recipe Heavy on the Veggies by 30Seconds Food
Eggplant, chicken and peppers are stir-fried in a fresh basil sauce. Mmm! You could serve this easy chicken stir-fry recipe over rice, but it could just as easily stand on its own for a lighter dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 eggplant, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the basil, 1/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce, green onions, garlic and ginger in a blender. Pulse until combined, but it still has texture.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onion and peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet. Pour in the basil mixture and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until chicken is almost cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Return the vegetables to the pan. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.