Stir-fried Chicken & Eggplant Recipe: A Lighter Chicken Stir-fry Recipe Heavy on the Veggies by 30Seconds Food
Eggplant, chicken and peppers are stir-fried in a fresh basil sauce. Mmm! You could serve this easy chicken stir-fry recipe over rice, but it could just as easily stand on its own for a lighter dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 eggplant, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the basil, 1/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce, green onions, garlic and ginger in a blender. Pulse until combined, but it still has texture.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onion and peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet. Pour in the basil mixture and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until chicken is almost cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Return the vegetables to the pan. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.