Luby's Fried Fish Copycat Recipe: A Crunchy Fried Cod Recipe You Don't Have to Stand in Line For by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love Luby's fried fish? Come on, admit it. There's just something about going through a cafeteria line and getting that crispy fried fish with tartar sauce. Now you can make it at home with this easy Luby's copycat fried fish recipe. Have some fun and put all the side dishes in small white side dish bowls and create your own LuAnn platter!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cod fillets
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/3 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil, for frying
- tartar sauce, for serving (here is Luby's copycat tartar sauce recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Put the cracker crumbs into another bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish into the flour, then into the buttermilk, then into the crackers.
- Place the fish fillets into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving with tartar sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Side Dish Bowls $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Saltine Crackers $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.