Panko Herb-Crusted Baked Fish Recipe With Creamy Garlic White Sauce Is an Easy 30-Minute Meal by 30Seconds Food
We've all heard that we should eat more fish. After you taste this easy panko-crusted herb baked fish recipe, you'll jump all over it. This sauce is a basic white sauce recipe with a hint of garlic, so it adds just a touch of creaminess to the flaky fish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (haddock, cod, catfish, pollock, halibut, etc.)
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the panko, parsley and thyme in a small bowl. Put the flour in another bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs, then add the mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the flour, then into the egg, then into the panko. Place the fillets onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through. (Time will depend on thickness of fish.)
- While the fish bakes, make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly start adding the milk, whisking, and bring to a boil. Cook about 2 minutes. Serve the sauce over the fish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.