No-Salt Roasted Chicken Recipe Will Blow Your Mind (Only 4 Ingredients) by 30Seconds Food
Why will this chicken recipe blow your mind? Because somehow the simple ingredients make magic in the oven and produce the most flavorful, juicy chicken – without adding salt!
This juicy, succulent no-salt roasted chicken is seasoned with lemon, butter and black pepper before heading to the oven to bake. If you're using fresh herbs, add them now. Baste the chicken every 15 minutes with the butter for about one hour. Pour in the white wine and continue to bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
If you cook a smaller chicken, be sure to monitor the internal temperature so you don't overcook it. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. Serve this easy roasted chicken recipe for dinner with your favorite side dishes, and you're sure to get recipe requests. The leftovers make a mean chicken salad or can be shredded or diced for recipes calling for leftover chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes (approximately)
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 whole chicken (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 lemon
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- chopped fresh herbs (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a roasting pan. Squeeze the lemon all over the chicken, then put squeezed lemon halves into the cavity. Place the butter pieces all over the chicken. Sprinkle with black pepper. Put the fresh herbs into the chicken cavity, if using.
- Put the chicken into a preheated 350-degree F oven and cook about 15 minutes. Baste the chicken with the melted butter in the pan and continue to cook, basting every 15 minutes, until chicken has cooked 1 hour.
- Add the white wine to the pan and continue to cook another 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest about 10 minute before cutting.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Roasting Pans $8 & Up
Meat Thermometers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.