Forgotten Cookies Recipe: You Won’t Believe the Surprise Step in This Easy Meringue Cookie Recipe by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
My friend Cheryl shared an old recipe for forgotten cookies (or meringue drop cookies) on social media, one clearly well used over time. I love old recipes – the cook’s handwriting, the stories behind them, thinking about how many people came across those instructions, how many hands touched the recipe before baking something special, mixed with love, for family and friends.
Cheryl shared with me that the cookie recipe was written by her mother, Ruth Miller Myers, of Pennsylvania, who has passed away. It was found in Ruth’s “shoebox of recipes.” Cheryl gave me permission to publish this most unique dessert recipe. I am honored to do so. I’d never heard of a recipe with the “forgetting” step!
Note: This forgotten cookie recipe is intended to be made in the evening.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: overnight
Total Time: 24 hours
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Add sugar and beat until VERY stiff.
- Fold in the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Once combined, drop teaspoon-sized mounds onto a greased cookie sheet.
- In the EVENING, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put cookie sheet in the oven. Turn the heat OFF. Forget about the cookies! Don’t open the oven door until morning.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.