5-Ingredient Cavatelli Pasta Recipe With Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Is on the Table Fast by 30Seconds Food
It's crazy how packed with flavor this easy pasta recipe is having just five ingredients. Cavatelli pasta is cooked with Italian sausage, garlic, cheese and broccoli rabe to create a meal the whole family will devour.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and chopped
- 12 ounces cavatelli pasta or your favorite short pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until sausage is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- While the sausage cooks, cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Add the pasta to the same boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli rabe, cooked pasta, about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the Parmesan cheese to the sausage. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish individual servings with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired, and more Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.