20-Minute Sloppy Joes Recipe With Cheese: The Best Sloppy Joe Sandwich You'll Ever Take a Bite Of by 30Seconds Food
There are sloppy joe recipes, and then there's this ooey, gooey, cheesy ground beef sloppy joe sandwich recipe. OMG. This easy sloppy joe recipe with cheese will make your family beg for sandwich night.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 6 - 8 thick-cut mozzarella cheese slices or 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- hamburger buns or sandwich buns
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Completely cover with slices of cheese. Cover and cook on low until the cheese melts.
- Using a spatula, cut through the cheese and spoon the meat mixture onto the hamburger buns.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets With Lids $10 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Mustard $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.