Amazing Prime Rib Recipe: This Garlic Butter-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe Is What to Make for Christmas by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours (approximately)
- boneless ribeye roast, trimmed (about 5 pounds)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
Here's how to make it:
- Season the roast with salt. Put the roast into a baking pan.
- Combine the butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme in a small bowl. Spread the mixture all over the roast.
- Bake in a preheated 500-degree F oven for about 25 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the roast for 2 hours. (Do not open the door for at least an hour when you can start checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.)
- Once the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness, remove the roast, cover with foil and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- While the roast rests, pour the pan drippings into a saucepot. Whisk in the flour and broth and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Rare: 120 - 125 degrees F (bright red center)
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees F (very pink center)
- Medium: 140 to 145 degrees F (pink center, brown edges)
- Medium Well: 150 to 155 degrees F (no pink)
- Well Done: 160 degrees F and up (brown throughout)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Carving Knives $10 & Up
Meat Thermometers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.