Crispy Ajika Georgian Baked Chicken Recipe: An Earthy, Spicy & Absolutely Delish Chicken Recipe by Donna John
Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend was my latest discovery at Trader Joe's. According to Trader Joe's, the seasoning blend "contains ground red chili peppers (not a super hot variety), ground coriander, fenugreek, dried garlic, marigold (marigold?! yes the flower dried and ground up!) plus a little salt. Garlicky, (mildly) spicy it is more flavorful spicy than hot spicy."
It is delicious. Earthy, spicy and a completely different taste than all my other seasoning blends. The first way I used it was by making this easy crispy baked chicken recipe. This cooking method could be used with any spice blend, so get creative! I served this chicken with whipped sweet potatoes and a salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- bone-in chicken pieces (I used chicken thighs)
- olive oil
- Trader Joe's AJIKA Georgian Seasoning Blend or your favorite seasoning blend
Here's how to make it:
- Dry the skin of the chicken with a paper towel and place in a baking pan.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Season with salt, if desired.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken liberally with the seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crispy. (Cooking time will depend on the size of chicken and pieces used.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.