Iconic Cincinnati Chili Recipe: This Easy Ground Beef Chili Recipe Has Bragging Rights by 30Seconds Food
Named one of the 20 most iconic foods in America by the Smithsonian in 2013, Cincinnati chili is as American as apple pie. Cincinnati chili is red ground beef chili that's seasoned with spices and a little chocolate. The result is a flavor-packed chili with just a little sweetness. If you haven't tried this iconic chili recipe, we think you need to ASAP!
This rich beef chili has more toppings than your standard chili, and it's served over noodles. This easy Cincinnati chili recipe can be served over spaghetti with cheese, chopped onions and oyster crackers. It's also great spooned over hot dogs. And yes, it was invented in Cincinnati, Ohio!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 3 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes to 3 hours and 10 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 onion, minced
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- dash of ground cloves
- ground cayenne, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (optional)
- spaghetti noodles, cooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- oyster crackers
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained, rinsed and warmed (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomato paste into a large soup pot and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the chocolate (if using) and mix well. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 to 3 hours, depending on how thick you want the chili and how much time you have.
- Add the chocolate and stir until combined. Serve with desired garnishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Allspice $4 & Up
Cloves $4 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Unsweetened Chocolate $3 & Up
Spaghetti Noodles $1 & Up
Oyster Crackers $2 & Up
Kidney Beans $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
It's a shame because I would live to make this but I'm obviously not doing it tonight so whatever. I just need to stop looking at recipes. This is pointless.