30-Minute Ground Beef Chili Recipe: This Easy Chili Recipe Is Flavored With Some Interesting Spices by Donna John
Wanting to break out of my make-the-same-chili-recipe-every-time rut, I found a chili recipe using cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. This hearty chili recipe is the result after some tweaks and making it my own. Delicious! We ate it topped with shredded cheese, chopped onions and corn chips. This ground beef chili would also be great topped with sliced avocado, sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 - 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed (I used one can)
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 cup vegetable broth, chicken broth or water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large soup pot until beef is browned and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more seasonings, if desired. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon sticks before serving with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.