Nana’s Sugar Cookie Recipe: This Cut-out Sugar Cookies Recipe Tastes Like the Holidays by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
For me, there are certain foods and desserts that just taste like the holidays. A great example of this is my mother-in-law Pam’s sugar cookie cut-outs recipe. I’m not sure I even liked sugar cookies all that much until I tried hers, but these I LOVE. They’re easily one of my top three favorite cookie recipes. And the recipe is so easy! I’m sharing it here with you so that you can experience this taste of the holidays, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 24 hours to chill
Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes per cookie tray
Total Time: 13 to 15 minutes plus 24 hours to chill
Servings: Makes approximately 7 to 10 dozen cookies (depending on the size of the cookie cutter)
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Here's how to make it:
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, following the order above.
- Using an electric mixer, combine ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into five or six “mounds” and wrap each in wax paper. Chill for at least 24 hours.
- Lay down wax paper and roll out each mound. Use the cookie cutter of your choice to make the individual cookie shapes. Put on baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Frost with buttercream frosting, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cookie Cutters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.