4-Ingredient Baked Ham Recipe With Pineapple: Skip the Expensive Honey-Baked Ham This Year by Ann Marie Patitucci
True confession: I am not the best cook, far from it. I don’t love to cook and it doesn’t come naturally to me. I’ve only hosted a couple of holiday meals. When I do, either my husband cooks or I turn to my trusty holiday ham recipe which I know I can count on because:
- I won’t mess it up.
- It’s delicious every time.
- Everyone likes it, even the kids!
I’m sharing my four-ingredient baked ham recipe here so other non-cooks (and cooks alike!) can enjoy it, too! The ham is baked in the oven then coated in a sweet pineapple mustard glaze. Basting the ham with ginger ale adds even more flavor and tenderness to the ham. Try it! You'll love this easy Christmas ham recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours (varies)
Total Time: 3 hours (approximately)
- fresh ham
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices (save the juice)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ginger ale, for basting (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Place ham in a baking pan with some water or ginger ale in the bottom for additional moisture. Bake ham per directions on the package.
- While the ham cooks, make the glaze by combining pineapple juice (not the slices), light brown sugar and yellow mustard in a bowl.
- Remove ham from oven with 30 minutes of cooking time left. Pour the glaze over the ham. Stick pineapple slices to the ham with toothpicks. Return ham to the oven for 30 more minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.