Baked Ham Recipe With Pineapple: Skip the Expensive Honey-Baked Ham & Try This No-Fail Holiday Ham Recipe by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
True confession: I am not the best cook, far from it. I don’t love to cook and it doesn’t come naturally to me. I’ve only hosted a couple of holiday meals. When I do, either my husband cooks or I turn to my trusty holiday ham recipe which I know I can count on because:
- I won’t mess it up.
- It’s delicious every time.
- Everyone likes it, even the kids!
I’m sharing it here so other non-cooks (and cooks alike!) can enjoy it, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours (varies)
Total Time: 3 hours (approximately)
- fresh ham
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices (save the juice)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ginger ale, for basting (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Place ham in a baking pan with some water or ginger ale in the bottom for additional moisture. Bake ham per directions on the package.
- While the ham cooks, make the glaze by combining pineapple juice (not the slices), light brown sugar and yellow mustard in a bowl.
- Remove ham from oven with 30 minutes of cooking time left. Pour the glaze over the ham. Stick pineapple slices to the ham with toothpicks. Return ham to the oven for 30 more minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Pineapple Slices $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Ginger Ale $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.