Spatchcock Chicken Recipe With Vegetables: No Side Dish Required With This Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Spatchcock chicken is simply a chicken that's been flattened. This easy spatchcock chicken recipe with broccoli and acorn squash is a comforting, filling meal. You could change up the vegetables to suit your family's tastes. Zucchini, mushrooms, butternut squash, onions, asparagus, potatoes, red bell pepper and even pumpkin would be delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 65 to 70 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 acorn squash, cut into slices
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- To prepare the chicken, cut along both sides of the backbone and remove (kitchen shears work perfect for this). Turn the chicken over and press down until it cracks and is flat.
- In a bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Mix well. Rub the butter mixture all over the flattened chicken, getting some under the skin as well. Season with salt and pepper. Put the chicken onto a baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, toss the vegetables some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- After 25 to 30 minutes, arrange the vegetables around the chicken. Continue to cook for about 30 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $10 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.