Never-Fail Meringue Recipe: Easy Amish Meringue Recipe Won't Let You Down by 30Seconds Food
We're fairly confident that the Amish know how to bake, so have no doubt this meringue will be your go-to recipe when baking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a saucepan. Add the boiling water and cook, stirring, until clear and thickened. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy with an electric mixer. Gradually add in the sugar and beat until stiff. Add the salt and vanilla.
- Slowly starting beating in the cooled cornstarch mixture. Beat well.
Here's how to use it:
- Spread the meringue over your cooled pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Cornstarch $1 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.