This Zesty Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe Tastes Like the Italian Countryside by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
I wrote about my trip to Limone sul Garda, a tiny town on Lake Garda, Italy, and shared 15 of my favorite photos, that will make you want to plan a visit there. Inspired by our trip to Limone, my husband and I have been growing three lemon trees, which we are really enjoying.
To try and recapture our perfect day in charming Limone in the Italian countryside, I made this easy lemon chicken recipe, using the very first ripe lemon we grew (see photo)! While it isn’t as awesome as actually being in Limone, the zesty flavor and aroma did take us back there for dinner this week.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts (I used thin sliced)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice and zest of 2 - 3 lemons
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
Here's how to make it:
- Put chicken breasts into a baking dish. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until blended. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Italy Travel Guides $6 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Italian Seasoning $2 & Up
Limone-Inspired Merchandise $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.