Mini Apple Pies Recipe: This Sweet Hand-Held Apple Pie Recipe Is So Easy to Make by Katie Smith
After making this easy apple pie recipe for my boyfriend's birthday, I decided to make it again for his office – in mini size! This easy mini apple pie recipe screams fall and goes a lot further when feeding a crowd than one pie (think Thanksgiving).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 5 - 6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Lay the pie crusts onto a work surface. Cut some of the dough out using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. Place the pie crust rounds into muffin tins.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds of the remaining dough for the top. You can also cut out strips and do a lattice top. I did both.
- Spoon some of the filling over the crust in the muffin tins. Top with a round of dough or make a lattice top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 23 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
Note: I didn't bake them in baking liners, but put the cooled pies into them to make serving easier.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Baking Liners $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Nutmeg $2 & Up
4-inch Biscuit Cutters $5 & Up
3-inch Biscuit Cutters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.