Autumn Quiche Recipe: An Apple, Smoked Cheddar & Maple Sausage Quiche Recipe for Brunch, Breakfast or Dinner by Beth W.
Quiche is a comfort food or a warming dish during the cooler fall months. It certainly will fill you up for a hard day’s work ahead of you. My local coffee shop, Stir Crazy, often has quiche on the menu for a weekend special and I try to grab a piece whenever I can. This is my version of their apple, sausage and cheddar quiche recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 to 80 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 large honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup shredded hickory smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 pie crust, premade or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces maple link sausage (remove the casings)
Here's how to make it:
- Roll crust into pie pan, fluting the edges. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook sausage until browned. Drain off the excess grease on a paper towel and cool.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream. Add the salt, pepper and a fourth of the cooled sausage.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge and layer the remaining sausage, apples and cheese in that order. Pour the egg mixture over the layers. Then sprinkle the nutmeg on top.
- Place quiche on a large baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes. The center will rise up and it should be slightly firm to the touch when it is finished. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.