Oven-Baked Potatoes Recipe: The Creamiest Whole Baked Potato Ever by 30Seconds Food
Have you got into the habit of microwaving your baked potatoes like a lot of us have? Baked potatoes tend to be creamier when baked in the oven. Oven-baked potatoes may take a little more time, but if you have that time, they are worth it! Try this easy baked potato recipe tonight and see what we mean!
Serve these creamy whole baked potatoes as a meal packed with your favorite toppings, or serve as a side dish with beef, chicken, pork, lamb or even seafood. Baked potatoes are also great for quick, filling lunches, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed well under water and dried
- olive oil
- shredded cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped chives
- sour cream
- chopped crisp bacon
Here's how to make it:
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil. Season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each potato in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Put the potatoes into a preheated 450-degree F oven. Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning once, until they can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Carefully open up the foil. Cut a slice all the way across the top of the potatoes. Using a fork, gently loosen the potato flesh. Add desired toppings.
- Cover them back up with the foil and cook about 10 minutes longer.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.