Upside Down Ground Beef Pizza Casserole Recipe Is a Family Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Is it a pizza? A casserole? Who cares! You'll just care that your family loves it and how easy it is to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 32 to 37 minutes
Total Time: 37 to 42 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound ground beef (you could substitute bulk Italian sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef, onion and bell pepper in a skillet until sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and Italian seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, eggs, milk, oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the filling, then pour on the topping to completely cover the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.