20-Minute Vietnamese Ground Pork Stir-fry Recipe With Green Beans by Chef Gigi
In this fast, piquant weeknight meal, ground pork and green beans are stir-fried with plenty of ginger, garlic, chiles and seasoned with soy sauce. A big splash of rice wine vinegar right at the end adds a hit of acidity, which balances the richness of the pork.
Serve this pork stir-fry recipe over rice or rice noodles to help absorb all the salty, spicy sauce. Sometimes I purchase a few pints of already steamed rice from my favorite neighborhood Chinese food restaurant if I'm in a hurry to make dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons neutral-tasting cooking oil, plus more if needed
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 red chiles, seeded or not, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly cracked with a mortar and pestle or with the side of a knife
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and let heat for another 30 seconds (it should be hot but not smoking).
- Season the ground pork with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until browned and crispy, 6 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add more oil if it looks dry. Stir in green beans, cook until they are crisp, tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Stir in chiles, ginger, garlic and coriander seeds. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return pork to skillet, along with vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Stir briefly to combine. Add chopped cilantro, taste and adjust salt.
- Pour into a serving platter. Sprinkle more vinegar and soy sauce on top to taste, then top with more chopped cilantro and dusting of sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.