Easy Egg Cups Recipe: Fun Sunday Morning Puff Pastry Baked Egg Breakfast Cups by Chef Gigi
This delicious egg cups recipe is so much fun to make and so much fun to eat! Elevate breakfast to brunch by serving with a fresh tossed salad and you are on your way to Sunday Funday in your jammies!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 18 eggs
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in small dice
- 1 beaten egg, for egg wash
- chopped fresh chives
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the flour and whisk to combine. Pour in the milk, little by little, whisking after each addition. Bring to a simmer, whisking until the mixture thickens. Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry sheets until they are thin. Cut the pastry sheets into nine equal squares. Line each well of a muffin tin with one puff pastry square, pressing it firmly to the bottom and sides. The edges should come just over the top of the muffin tin.
- Fill each cup with a spoonful of cheese sauce. Crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle diced ham, red bell pepper and scallion on the top of each egg. Brush the exposed portions of puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the eggs are set. Sprinkle them with chives, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.