Quick Jalapeno Relish Recipe Just in Time for Pepper Growing Season by Donna John
Because we got hot weather sooner this year, my jalapeno plants are already producing loads of peppers. Last pepper growing season, I made candied jalapenos and taqueria-style pickled jalapenos. Both delish! Wanting to try something new, I made this easy jalapeno relish recipe. The "hardest" part of this jalapeno recipe is chopping the peppers. (It's not hard, but takes a minute.)
Be sure not to touch your eyes after chopping the peppers (or wear gloves). Taste the jalapenos to check their heat level. This will help you determine if you want to remove the ribs and seeds (where most of the heat is) or leave them in. This recipe can easily be doubled to make two jars.
Use this jalapeno relish on hot dogs, spoon it over grilled chicken breast, dip tortilla chips in it, pour it over cream cheese or serve it as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 8-ounce jar
- 10 - 15 fresh jalapenos, chopped very small (number to fill jar will depend on size of peppers)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chopped jalapenos into a mason jar. Fill it, but do not pack (you will be adding liquid).
- Put the garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and salt into a saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring, then turn off the heat. Let it sit about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the liquid into the jar to cover the jalapenos. Let them sit without a lid to cool.
- Seal the jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Let them sit a few days before eating to marinate in the brine.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $5 & Up
White Vinegar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.