Chicken Kebabs Recipe With Bacon Rub (You Get to Put Bacon in a Blender) by Donna John
Juicy as all get out and packed with intense flavors, this easy chicken kebabs recipe with a bacon rub needs to be in your recipe rotation. The bacon "paste" imparts not only flavor, but almost makes the kebabs incredibly moist.
The homemade barbecue sauce is just a bonus in this easy grilled chicken recipe. (And you get to put bacon in a blender!)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into large cubes
- 2 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a saucepot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until it reduces and is thick, about 5 to 6 minutes. Puree using an immersion blender. Remove a 1/2 cup to another bowl and set aside for serving. The remaining sauce will be used to baste the kebabs.
- For the bacon rub, put all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until a paste forms.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the bacon rub and toss until all the chicken is coated. Thread onto metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Cook the kebabs on a hot grill, flipping often, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Brush the barbecue sauce on during the last few minutes of cooking, continuing to flip the kebabs. Serve with the reserved barbecue sauce.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Wooden Skewers $4 & Up
Metal Skewers $6 & Up
Sweet Paprika $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Molasses $3 & Up
White Vinegar $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.