Sandwich Night Favorite: Argentine Choripán Sandwich Recipe With Fresh Chimichurri Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Choripáns are simple sandwiches made with chorizo. Other condiments can be added, but chimichurri is usually the topping of choice. This sandwich is popular in Argentine, Peru, Chile, Uruguay and El Salvador.
A choripán sandwich is easy to make, though it looks quite impressive. This choripán recipe is made in an oven, but you could grill the sausages outside just as easily.
While the sausages bake in the oven, throw together the simple chimichurri sauce made with garlic, shallots, parsley, oregano, hot chili peppers, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. To assemble the sandwich, cut the cooked sausages in half lengthwise. Add a generous amount of chimichurri to the bread and top with the sausages. That's it! Now dig in.
Serve these meaty hot sandwiches for lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 chorizo sausage links
- 4 baguettes or sandwich rolls, sliced in half lengthwise and toasted or grilled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 hot chili peppers, sliced thin or chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chorizo links on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- While the sausage cooks, combine all the chimichurri ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches, cut the chorizo links in half lengthwise. Spread some chimichurri on the bottom of the baguette. Put two links on top and finish with more chimichurri sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
More Argentinian Cookbooks $5 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.