Italian Cauliflower Steaks Recipe With Marinara & Cheese: Just 4 Ingredients for a Fabulous Vegetarian Dinner by 30Seconds Food
To change things up, make this recipe with an alfredo sauce instead of marinara. Try this three-ingredient Parmesan alfredo sauce or this copycat alfredo sauce recipe that tastes like Olive Garden's sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 38 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 43 minutes
- 2 small cauliflowers
- olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Remove the leaves and stems from the cauliflower. Cut each cauliflower, starting in the middle, into two to three steaks, depending on the size. (Save the remaining cauliflower for another use.)
- Put the cauliflower steaks onto baking sheet that's been lightly oiled. Brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Divide the marinara sauce evenly between the steaks, then sprinkle with both cheese. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Bake another 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetarian Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.