Simple & Healthier Muffin Recipe: Let Your Kids Choose the Flavor! by Charong Chow
a year ago
Customize this easy muffin recipe to fit your family's tastes. Experiment with flavors and different types of flours, such as almond meal or gluten-free flour.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup applesauce or vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 cup milk, soy milk or nut milk
- Mix-ins: berries, chocolate chips, raisins, etc.
Here's how to make them:
- In bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix and form a well in the center.
- Add the applesauce or vanilla yogurt, canola oil, agave and milk. Mix well.
- Fold in desired mix-in.
- Fill greased muffin tins or tins with baking liners 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.