Incredible Baked Cream Corn Recipe: This Creamy Corn Recipe With Parmesan-Reggiano Is Over-the-Top Good by Chef Gigi Gaggero, 30Seconds.com Resident Chef
Ready to wow your friends and family? This baked creamy corn casserole recipe is a variation of my epic cream corn recipe. The addition of Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs takes it over the top.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 8 ears fresh shucked corn off the cob or 1 pound frozen white kernels and 1 pound frozen yellow kernels (or all yellow)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley or fresh herbs, for garnish
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the corn, onion, garlic, whipping cream, pimentos, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Combine the butter and flour to form a paste. Stir the mixture into the corn and continue to simmer until thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Stir in the Parmesan-Reggiano cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with seasoned breadcrumbs and more cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $10 & Up
Seasoned Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pimentos $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.