Chef's Cream Corn Recipe: This Sweet & Spicy Creamed Corn Has a Serious Kick to It by Chef Gigi
If you like creamed corn, you will love this epic creamed corn recipe. And if you don't think you like creamed corn, I'm pretty sure this sweet and spicy corn recipe with a serious flavor kick will change your mind.
Here's what you need in order to make this easy vegetable recipe: fresh or frozen corn, onion, garlic, whipping cream, sugar, salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper, butter, flour, pimento, and parsley and paprika for garnish (optional). You cook it up in a saucepan and serve it piping hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ears fresh shucked corn off the cob, or 1 pound frozen white kernels and 1 pound frozen yellow kernels (or all yellow)
- 1/2 onion, peeled halved and studded with 3-4 cloves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pint unsweetened whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- chopped fresh pimento, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
- You can use fresh or frozen corn, and yellow or white corn, for this recipe.
- You can increase or decrease the pepper and pimento depending on how much heat you like.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet, combine all the ingredients except for the butter and flour bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine the flour and butter to form a paste. Mix into the corn and continue to cook until thick.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, white pepper and cayenne. Add additional sugar if you prefer your recipe a bit sweeter.
- Remove smashed garlic and studded onion before serving and discard. Serve piping hot. Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika and chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.2g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 15.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 6.6g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.