Light & Airy Filipino Bread Rolls Recipe (Pandesal) Is Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
Pandesal is a classic Filipino bread roll that's eaten for breakfast or as a snack. The rolls have a soft, fluffy texture and are slightly sweet. This easy pandesal recipe is not hard to make and can also be used for sandwiches.
The bread dough is a mixture of flour, sugar, salt, milk, egg, butter and yeast. After being kneaded and allowed to rise, the rough is cut into pieces and rolled into balls, coated in breadcrumbs and baked until lightly browned. Enjoy the enticing smell as this Filipino baked bread does its thing in the oven.
Pandesal can also be served with dinner. Put them in a big basket in the middle of the table and watch everyone go back for seconds.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: Makes about 12
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the milk, egg and butter. Stir until combined. Sprinkle in the yeast. Mix until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth, about 6 to 8 minutes. Put the dough into an oiled bowl. Cover and allow it to double in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide into two. Roll each piece of dough into a log and cut into about 6 pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- Roll the dough balls in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet. Let the dough rise until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.