Amish Split Pea Soup Recipe: Get Back to Basics With This Simple Split Pea Soup by 30Seconds Food
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound dry split peas, washed
- 3 quarts water
- 1 meaty ham bone
- 2 - 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk, half and half or cream
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients except the milk into a soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring often.
- Remove the ham bone and pick off any meat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until almost smooth. (You could also push the soup through a mesh strainer.)
- Stir in the desired amount of milk and season with salt and pepper. Put the ham meat back into the pot. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.