Easy Butta Zucchini Recipe: This Bright Yellow Zucchini Is Smooth & Creamy – "Like Butta" by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
I’d never tasted butta zucchini before planting it in our garden this year. Butta zucchini is a hybrid, yellow zucchini squash. Just as its name implies, this sunny zucchini is smooth and creamy, “like butter,” and it’s growing like crazy in our planter box. I found that it's best served simply, so you can taste its sweetness. I sautéed and served it on our homegrown Bibb lettuce as a perfect summer side. So light and refreshing.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 butta zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- additional olive oil, to taste
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- To a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Stir and sauté for a minute before adding zucchini, then stir all together.
- Sauté zucchini in oil and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Do not overcook because it may become mushy.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then spoon zucchini over lettuce. Sprinkle with additional olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $4 & Up
Squash Seeds $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.