20-Minute Pasta Shells Recipe With Ground Beef: 100 Percent Better Than the Box by 30Seconds Food
Most moms had some sort of go-to skillet ground beef and pasta recipe – whether it was homemade or from a box. This is a grownup version of that childhood favorite.
Serve this easy 20-minute pasta recipe with a salad and fresh vegetable. Or just scoop into a bowl and grab a fork!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 box (16 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (you could substitute Italian sausage or do a combination)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 jar (16 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. (If using Italian sausage, cook it along with the ground beef.)
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce, basil and peas. Cover and simmer gently about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and cooked pasta shells. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Garnish with chopped basil and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Small Shells $1 & Up
Spaghetti Sauce $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.