Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Recipe Is Dairy-free & Will Remind You of Childhood by 30Seconds Food
"Orange creamsicle flavored ice cream treats have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "There’s just something very nostalgic about it. The sweet cream combined with the tangy citrus just does it for me. This method is a grownup homemade version of that favorite creamy summer treat. It’s so fresh and bright tasting and it even smells delightful!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hours to freeze oranges
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 3 large oranges
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 cups cold coconut cream, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a sharp chef’s knife, follow the round shape of the orange to remove the peel including the white parts.
- Slice oranges and lay them onto the prepared baking trays in a single layer. Freeze the orange slices for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Once the oranges are frozen, add them to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add in the orange zest, coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately as a soft-serve ice cream or transfer it into an airtight container and keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Cream Coconut $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $4 & Up
Raw Honey $5 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Chef's Knives $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.