20-Minute One-Pot Creamy Macaroni & Cheese Recipe With Bacon by 30Seconds Food
Bacon, cheese and pasta? Oh, my! This easy bacon macaroni and cheese recipe cooks in one pot, so it's easier cleanup. This cheesy macaroni and cheese recipe with bacon is ready in about 20 minutes. Quick, easy and delicious!
Use whatever pasta your family prefers for this one-pot mac and cheese recipe. Elbow macaroni is always a good choice, but you could try cavatappi, rotini, penne or rigatoni noodles. This is a decadent and impressive side dish to serve with chicken, pork, beef or lamb.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 - 7 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 bag (16 ounces) rotini, elbow macaroni or cavatappi (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large pot until crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the pasta, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cheese and stir until smooth. If you want a thinner sauce, add a little more milk. Stir in the bacon.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.