Cebolada Recipe: Easy Portuguese Onion Sauce Recipe for Your Sauce Collection by 30Seconds Food
Love onions? Love sauces? Cebolada is a Portuguese sauce that is loaded with onions. There are many versions of this onion sauce, and it's typically served with potatoes, beef, fish or eggs. Here's an easy cebolada recipe to try. How will you use it?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pimento sauce (you could substitute piri piri sauce or hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste, pimento sauce, paprika, red wine vinegar and water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately or chill and use later.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Portuguese Cookbooks $5 & Up
Pimento Sauce $4 & Up
Piri Piri Sauce $4 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.