Best Vegetarian Chili Recipe: This 30-Minute Bean Chili Recipe Will Be Enjoyed By All by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrots and celery. Cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the water or broth, chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano and cayenne powder. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until it reaches desired thickness, about 5 more minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.