Tempeh Harissa Burger Recipe: A Tasty 3-Ingredient Spicy Vegetarian Burger Recipe by 30Seconds Food
If you're craving a burger but don't eat meat, no worries! This easy three-ingredient tempeh burger recipe is flavored with harissa, so it's packed with flavor. Top with your favorite burger toppings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup harissa
- couple drops liquid smoke (optional)
- hamburger buns
- sliced cucumber
- sliced red onion
- sliced avocado
- lettuce, spinach or arugula
- fresh chopped herbs
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tempeh into a steamer basket with a little water. Steam until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Put it into a blender.
- Add the egg, harissa and liquid smoke, if using. Pulse for about 30 seconds or until it forms a meat-like texture. Form into four patties.
- Put the patties onto a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Harissa $4 & Up
Vegan Cookbooks $5 & Up
Vegetarian Cookbooks $5 & Up
Veggie Burger Atelier: Extraordinary Recipes for Nourishing Plant-Based Patties, Plus Buns, Condiments and Sweets $25
Steamer Baskets $7 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Liquid Smoke $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.