30-Minute Panda Express Copycat Black Pepper Chicken Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- For the chicken, combine the cornstarch, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and ginger.
- Put the chicken into a plastic zipper bag. Add the cornstarch mixture and shake to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about half the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Remove to the plate.
- Add the onion and celery to the pan. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Put the chicken back into the pan.
- Pour in the sauce and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.