Stuffed Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipe With Ground Meat Filling Is Cozy Comfort Food by 30Seconds Food
Whether you're looking for a new way to use mashed potatoes or just want some Old World goodness, this potato pancake recipe is calling your name. Stuffed with ground meat of your choice, this easy stuffed mashed potato pancakes recipe is cozy comfort food at its finest.
This delicious meat and potatoes recipe makes a wonderful dinner or a hearty appetizer or side dish. Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, chicken or turkey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onions and carrot and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Return the meat to the skillet. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and flour. Mix to form a dough. Take 1/4 cup at a time of the dough with floured hands and pat into a disc. Put about a tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center and wrap to seal it in the middle. Pat into an oval disc.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Heat about 3 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Dip the pancakes into the breadcrumbs and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
All Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Dry Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.