Hearty Potato Pancakes Recipe: Stuffed Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipe With Ground Meat Filling by 30Seconds Food
Whether you're looking for a new way to use mashed potatoes or have leftover mashed potatoes, this potato pancake recipe is calling your name. Stuffed with ground meat of your choice, this easy stuffed mashed potato pancakes recipe can be served for dinner or as an appetizer. Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, chicken or turkey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onions and carrot and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Return the meat to the skillet. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and flour. Mix to form a dough. Take 1/4 cup at a time of the dough with floured hands and pat into a disc. Put about a tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center and wrap to seal it in the middle. Pat into an oval disc.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Heat about 3 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Dip the pancakes into the breadcrumbs and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.