Limoncello Tiramisu Recipe: This Easy Lemon Tiramisu Recipe Is Lemony, Lush & Light by Donna John
Fluffy, light and refreshing, this easy limoncello tiramisu recipe tastes like summer. I used an 11x7-inch casserole dish, but next time will use a trifle bowl for that wow factor. This lemon tiramisu recipe is a keeper.
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar lemon curd or 1 recipe homemade lemon curd (I made homemade lemon curd)
- 2 packages ladyfingers
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the egg yolks and the milk in the top of a double boiler. (I set a large mixing bowl in a large pot.)
- Cook over low heat, whisking, until it reaches 160 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Once cool, whisk in the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Whip the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- In a small bowl, combine the limoncello and lemon juice.
- To assemble the tiramisu, dip the ladyfingers into the limoncello mixture.
- Place a layer of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Top with half of the mascarpone mixture, half of the lemon curd and half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. Top with lemon zest or lemon slices before serving.
Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Trifle Bowls $8 & Up
Lemon Curd $3 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
Candy Thermometers $5 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Ladyfingers $3 & Up
11x7-inch Baking Dishes $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.