Lemon Curd: The Recipe to Make When Life Gives You Lemons! by Donna John
Tart and creamy, this lemon curd is perfect on toast, as a pie filling or as a cheesecake topping (my fave!). You could even dip pound cake squares or fruit in it!
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
Here’s how to make it:
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and can coat the back of a spoon (you could also do this in a double boiler).
- Strain through a fine strainer into a bowl (this is optional). Cool.
- When cool, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Variation: Make key lime curd by substituting key lime juice for the lemon juice.