5-Ingredient Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe: Stay Cool & Keep on Budget by 30Seconds Food
Creamy, fast and filling. What more could you want in a pasta salad recipe? This easy tuna pasta salad recipe has just five simple ingredients and is a healthy light summer lunch or dinner. Who wants to heat up the oven on a hot summer day?
Tuna is loaded with health benefits and a great part of a healthy eating plan. According to WebMD, "tuna is an excellent source of vitamin B12, an essential vitamin needed to make DNA. Vitamin B12 also helps you to form new red blood cells and prevent the development of anemia." Tuna may also reduce your risk of heart disease, vision problems and cancer.
You could substitute canned salmon for the tuna (salmon has lots of health benefits, too). Make it your own! For this five-ingredient tuna pasta salad recipe you need just a handful of ingredients: a can of tuna, pasta, fresh or frozen corn, mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. The ingredients are mixed together, seasoned with salt and pepper, and it's ready to be eaten or stored in the fridge until you're ready for lunch or dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 10 minutes to cook pasta
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna in water
- 2 cups cavatappi pasta or your favorite pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Try using canned salmon instead of the tuna.
- Chopped green onion or red onion would be a nice addition to this pasta salad.
- Fresh green peas would be a good substitute for the corn.
- Want more tuna in your salad? Add another can!
Here's how to make it:
- Combine everything in a bowl. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.